About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Monday 28 January 2013

Still working hard and giving it my all not to be distracted by PRIMEVAL (love it).

I have drafted my third story this year so far.  That's my new habit, to catch the idea and, if possible, draft it before the idea flies away.  That's happened so many times and it doesn't matter how hard you try, the idea never visits you again.  I am trying my hand at humour having read that it's very popular in the world of womag (woman's magazines).  At the moment I have 900 (ish) words and think my story line is credible.  One problem.  I can't decided on the ending.  I know it will come to me, it's just a matter of when.

Choc-Lit Competition entry is going well although I am still changes parts of it - better that than to send out "almost finished" work.

Story for TABFF is finished, edited, corrected and waiting until next week for what I hope will be it's final read.  That will be my first submission for 2013 and I can't wait to get the ball rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment