About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Monday 21 January 2013

The Cleaners Have Been In

My short story I have written for TABFF is 99% finished so I sent it out to my favourite proof reader.  She really is very good and her rates a wonderfully reasonable (she is my mum-in-law).  I made all the amendments she suggested and the story does look and read much better, so once again a big thank you to Helen.

I heard back from one of the competitions I entered just before Christmas.  The requirement was to include the name "Agatha Christie" at least twice in a 2000 max story.  As far as I can make out my story wasn't placed at all but as they haven't updated their website to show the results, it's hard to say for sure.  They sent me an email revealing who the winner was but I'm sure there should have been 2nd and 3rd place too.  Oh well, time will tell, or not.

I drafted a story last week and today I have been building on that and padding it out a bit.  I have decided to have a bash at  the Choc Lit short story competition and my new story is being written for it.  I have plenty of time as the deadline for entries is 25th February.  So I need to stay focused and keep my bottom glued to this chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment