About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Christmas Countdown

I thought I had planned things reasonably well this year BUT I am still running around chasing my tail and tomorrow looks no better.  The shops are packed, the roads are busy and my feet are killing me.  I have not managed any meaningful writing but hope to bag some time towards the end of the week.

Some good news, my son is coming home for Christmas.  He arrives tonight with his girlfriend and I am really looking forward to having him stay.  Daughter no. 2 is back tonight as well so it will be a real full house !!

Last night I went out to the Watford Writers Christmas meal and had a really good time.  They really are such a great group and I am so glad they allowed me to join them.

Tomorrow I am going to see my friends week old baby, I am hoping for a really big cuddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment