About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Monday 5 December 2011

Moaning Monday

I am writing this post early today because I know that by this evening I will not have the strength.  Nothing serious, just a head cold but one of those which makes you want to close your eyes all the time.

Despite stopping every two minutes to blow my nose I have actually got some work done.  Not a lot, but some is better that none !

I have finished the short story (after some sound advice from a friend of mine) for the competition I am entering and have to say I am pleased with it.  I expect I may fiddle with it a bit more but as the deadline is still a week away, it gives me a little time.

I think the postman is avoiding me again.  I bet he knows I am waiting for my critique from the NAWG short story competition and a decision on two stories submitted to two different magazines, not even a Christmas card today.

Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment