About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Tuesday 13 December 2011

'I Told You S0 ' Tuesday

During my mothers meeting on Friday I told my friend Lesley (whose baby is overdue) that she would go into labour on the 12/12 and the baby would either be born on that day or in the early hours of 13/12.  Well, her beautiful baby boy arrived this morning after going into labour yesterday !  I cannot wait to say 'I told you so'.  No, seriously, I am looking forward to my cuddle with the new arrival.

Spent the morning looking around on-line for exciting writing competitions for next year.  Surprisingly there are quite a few out there with closing dates as far away as March.  Still I shouldn't use that as an excuse to leave it to the last minute as I have done in the past.  Too much time and all that, I have been known to leave it until the week before the closing date then spend the next five days pulling my hair out.  Perhaps that could be a new year's resolution, well one that I can keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment