About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Friday 2 December 2011

Flitting Friday

Hubby's car had to go into the garage today it's a possible problem with the fuel pipe or the accelerator pedal, not sure which.  Anyway, he drove the car there and told me he would get the bus back.  In the meantime the company had delivered a hire car and left the keys in the porch - which I had no idea about.  So there I am having my morning mothers meeting when I hear my phone ringing.  It was Hubby ringing me to pick him up and asking me where I had been.  He knew the car was being delivered but forgot to tell me.  So after about 10 minutes of trying to move the seat so I could reach the pedals I eventually picked him up from the middle of nowhere !

After doing a few chores it was time to make lunch then go off to school to help set up for the Bazaar.  The good news is that the grotto had arrived.  It was a mad two hours but a lot of fun too.  I hadn't realised just how many people could be jammed into a small primary school hall.

All in all I have managed about an hours work today but tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment