About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Thursday 8 December 2011

Tender Thursday

My poor nose is so sore.

I did something very naughty today.  When Carl finds out he is going to be wild. 

As you will know he has looked after me all week, dosing me up with meds and cooking me nice breakfasts to help me get my strength back.  Anyway, he had to go out early this morning so I decided to go into the shop.  Yes, I know I shouldn't have but as luck would have it I did get a lift, so it wasn't like I had to stand around waiting for a bus.  My friend Lesley was going into town so she dropped me off.  She told me she was going to walk around to try and bring the baby on - her little bundle of joy is a few days late.  It didn't work though.

I so enjoy my Thursdays in the shop and the ladies I work with we have such fun and it really is a great little shop which helps to raise money for the local hospice.  We have a big range of evening wear at the moment what with it being the party season and all.  We have some NEW designer gear, black, burgundy, blue all very glam.

No writing done today so tomorrow I am really going to have to pull my finger out to make up for all the time I have lost this week.  I'm ready - bring it on.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes, sitting indoors feeling sorry for yourself can make you feel worse ;o) xx

    ReplyDelete