About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Thursday 1 December 2011

Treadmill Thursday

I was so busy in the shop today, having said that I enjoyed myself humping boxes around and tidying the shop floor.  As usual we had a good laugh while we were working and still managed to get an awful lot done.  We have a lovely spice rack, brand new, and a customer decided she wanted it to face the other way and knocked all the spices out !!  She made a very quick exit leaving us to clear up after her.  I know we are a charity shop but that it just taking liberties, you wouldn't go into John Lewis and start re-arranging their display would you ?

After school I was involved in setting up some of the things for tomorrows Christmas Bazaar unfortunately the grotto we were expecting wasn't ready so we will have twice as much to do tomorrow before allowing the hoards into the bazaar.

Got home about 4:30 and started dinner so I have only just sat down and my feet are killing me.  Those of you who know me personally will remember that I am not known to be a lady who wears 'sensible' shoes.  The busiest day I have had in a long time but such an enjoyable one.  I need to see if I can manage a few hours of writing before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment