About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Tuesday 27 December 2011

Holiday Tuesday

After the hustle and bustle of Christmas Day which included catering for 9 people hubby and |I decided to have a few lazy days.  Day 2 of lazy has been bliss.  I have been incredibly idle but refuse to feel guilty about it !  I had a bit of an emotional day yesterday, Carl bought me 'The Lion King' on DVD (which I asked for) but I'd forgotten it made me cry.  I used to watch it with my son and daughter no 1 when they were very small and just after my Gran died.  The part where Simba sees his father in the clouds gets me everytime.  I had just about got over that and pulled myself together when 'Becoming Jane' was on.  Now this is daft, I knew it would make me cry, because it always does, but I sat and watched it anyway - Doh !

No sad films today, but we did watch 'Rise of the Planet of The Apes' which was very, very thought provoking and a brilliant film with a lesson which SHOUDd be heeded, for us all.

Off out to look at Sofas tomorrow, not sure if I am looking forward to it or not but the fresh air will be good at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment