About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Tuesday 13 December 2011

Muddled Monday

I thought I would gibe myself a day off from writing because my competition entry (Peter Barry Estate Agents) was emailed at the weekend.  So, because the house was in such a mess as I was poorly last week, I thought I should tidy up.  We put the Christmas Tree up yesterday and there were discarded baubles and bits of tinsel strewn all over the place.  For some strange reason I decided to do the porch as well.  Three and a half hours later I was knackered, the lounge was fully decorated for Christmas and the porch was clean and tidy.

I gave myself the afternoon off !  Went off to Watford Writers which was panto night.  Members had written short panto's (which were read not acted out) they were all very funny and included some odd characters such as Tarzan, King Kong, Ripperella (a lady of the night) and of course a few ugly sisters.  You know, there is some real talent in the group.

Tomorrow, I intend to take things a little easier and work on some ideas I have for future stories, to put your mind at rest, I don't intend to include any of the characters named above.

No comments:

Post a Comment