About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Saturday 17 December 2011

Friendship Friday

Last day of term for both the girls today and, neither of them were well enough to go in.  Nothing serious but they were both so tired (and moody) I think it did them both good.

I had a lovely surprise.  My friend Linda phoned me and we had a great chat.  I met Linda at Swanwick Writers Summer School and liked her immediately, which isn't often the case with me.  We have kept in touch via email but this was the first time we have spoken to each other since August.  Over that time we have discovered we have a lot more in common that writing, she is an inspiration is so many ways.  I am looking forward to many more phone calls in the coming year.

Not as much work done today as I would have liked but I did manage to develop a few ideas which had been on the back burner.  Well, you know the old saying, big things grow from small acorns.

2 comments:

  1. Our schools don't break up until next Thursday. Think we're all ready for the break.

    How lovely to recieve a surprise phone call from a friend.

    ReplyDelete