About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Friday 13 January 2012

Best laid plans...

Today I was hoping to dedicate the whole morning to writing and organising the competitions I want to enter into date order.  I find it easier to organise my workload if it is organised.  Just after 10 o'clock I received a phone call from Lisa's school.  She was very unwell and could I come and collect her.  Thankfully Carl was at home so I was able to take the car to get her.  Once she was home I popped her into bed and got my work out again.  About half an hour later she called for me (aww bless) so I put my writing away and adopted my Florence Nightingale role, but without the lamp. 

I have been fortunate enough to be able to have some professional tuition and today I received feedback on a story I have been working on and my first lesson.  I can't wait to get started now.  I am finally learning to take feedback on my work rather than taking it personally.  A wise lady once told me that feedback, good or bad, is a valuable tool in the world of writing.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel hon.....there were about 5 comps I wanted to enter, but time ran away with me and now I've missed the cut off dates :o(

    I really must get more organised lol

    xxx

    ReplyDelete