About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Not a good one

I have done absolutely nothing useful on the writing front today.  I tried but just couldn't concentrate.  Maybe I've lost my mojo.  My two 300 flash fiction pieces for Watford Writers were not placed.  They were not the pieces there but they neither were they the worst so I was a bit miffed to discover that somebody had awarded me just 2 marks (all work is marked out of 10).  A bit mean if you ask me.

An update on my Mum, she has fractured her knee as well as dislocating her wrist and has been admitted to hospital.  They consultant is not yet sure whether they will operate or not.  I will try to get down to see her as soon as I can.

I hope to have a more positive day tomorrow and maybe even regain my mojo.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rae - I think there's something in the air. Have been reading a few blogs where the muse has gone AWOL - perhaps there is a general meeting of the muses. But don't worry the muse will return! Goodness me, your Mum had a bit of bad luck there.... sending healing vibes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Diane, I am hoping things return to semi-normal very soon.

    ReplyDelete