About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Friday 27 January 2012

Where have I been? I have been to London to see the Queen...

Well no actually, not the real Queen but to visit my Mum after her fall.  Excuse me for repeating myself but it transpired that due to the fall, the metal plate which was already in her wrist was now bent.  They are doing some wonderful trickery to put that right without surgery.  Her knee, which is fractured just below the joint will also, hopefully, be put right with jiggery pokery.  Due to her age they are reluctant to operate on anything unless it becomes absolutely necessary.

I spent the day with my sister (non fish sister) before we went to visit Mum in the hospital.  I was dreading it, but considering what she had endured, she looked very well.  She is desperate to come though.  She has a walking frame and she is able (kind of) to drag herself up and down the ward but it is a slow process.  We borrowed a wheelchair and took her downstairs for a nice black coffee which she had missed so much.  We had a short meeting with the Occupational Therapist about Mum's care when she comes home.  Mum was so relieved to know that she would be coming home my battered old heart went out to her.  To cut a long story short my sister will move in with Mum (fortunately half a mile up the road) during the week and I will take over at the weekends as much as I can.  This should go on for about 6 weeks.  My aunt and uncle are close by too and are eager to help out as much as they can.

We have a long way to go but on overall the future is bright.  Now all we need to do is to get my older sister to help out (also half a mile up the road but in the opposite direction) - she is very reluctant but if this is to work we must all pull together.  here's hoping.

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear things have taken a turn for the better! Wishing you and your family well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind thoughts. More good news, I actually managed to write almost 700 meanigful words today. Looks as though you were right about the muses. Thanks again x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are more than welcome. Well done on gettting some writing done - good feeling isn't it! :-)

    ReplyDelete