About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Thursday 5 January 2012

Not as I planned

I had share the occupancy of the sofa with Cerys today as we were both feeling under the weather.  To be fair she had been coughing most of the night and was complaining her chest was sore.  To be honest I had been in two minds as to whether to venture into the shop or not, but in the end the decision was made for me.

Whilst Cerys was sleeping on the sofa I got stuck into my writing tasks.  I have expanded my new story a little.  It's probably better suited to flash fiction as I don't want to lose the essence of the story.  By padding it out too much I must just do that.  I also researched a few competitions which looked interesting and have jotted the details down.  Time depending I might try my hand at two of them.

I planned to do some reading this afternoon but instead found myself exchanging Z's with Cerys.  I will have to schedule an hour or so tonight to get that done. 

The best thing about today was that I have a new follower (that makes 9), a lovely and very inspiring Australian lady.  It is exciting to see my once lonely solitary writing life getting bigger and being able to converse with other writer.  Which of course includes my very dear friend Linda.

No comments:

Post a Comment