About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Wednesday 18 January 2012

Energetic. Let's hope it lasts

I couldn't update this blog last night because there was a problem with the local Virgin Media.  Thankfully this morning it seems to have resolved itself.

Feeling really positive today and I have really enjoyed my writing.  The story I sent to my Guru I have put to one side until I receive feedback.  I am interested to know how she thinks I have improved it, or not but hopefully that won't be the case.  I didn't make it to Watford Writers after all on Monday evening due to unforeseen upset children.  Although all is resolved now.  I did receive an update email from WW outlining the programme for the next four weeks.  A 300 word flash fiction competition on the theme ''Games'' has been set and all stories need to be handed in next Monday. 

I still have two stories which I sent out to two different magazines and a pen portrait sent to Mslexia which I am waiting for a decision on (they were sent tail end of last year).  I am expecting both the stories to be rejected bearing in mind what I have learnt over the past few weeks.  The pen portrait I am more hopeful about.  It's just a case of wait and see, so watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment