About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Friday 27 January 2012

Mojo's and Muses

More good news.  This afternoon I managed to do some meaningful writing, probably the most useful this week!  I also managed to catch up some much neglected correspondence and outstanding homework from my Guru.  I am feeling so positive at the moment after a very non-productive few days.  I also have a good idea for the story I want to enter for the Mslexia Short Story Competition and plan to start putting that together on Monday.

The Peter Barry Estate Agents Short Story Competition are loading up 2 shortlisted works entered into the competition a day.  So I guess my fingers will be well and truly crossed hoping to see my own entry there.  I have read a few already and there are some great stories there..

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing good news! I've also got my fingers (and everything else) crossed for you for that comp. x

    ReplyDelete