About Me

My photo
A fiction writer and mum to three great kids, also lucky enough to be married to the man of my dreams. In spite of that mushy comment I do not write flowery romance - I like a nice helping of real life grit in my work. I have a Diploma in Literature & Creative Writing from The Open University and remain a member of the wonderful Watford Writers, despite moving on several times. I am a big fan of Swanwick Writers Summer School which has taught me a great deal and where I have made many great friends. I have yet to reach the dizzy heights of becoming a published superstar but will continue to send my work out into the world.

Monday 9 January 2012

Puss in Boots

As some of you may know I own two cats.  Callie is scared of her own shadow and very timid but Ryker is quite the opposite !  He decided to follow me on the school run as he often does but today for some reason he didn't stop and wait by the post box, he came all the way and even ventured into the school playground.  He found a bush to hide in and waited patiently for me to appear.  He quite enjoyed being petted by some of the mum's and walked just behind me all the way home again. He must have canine genes somewhere!

I am gradually getting back into my writing routine but I am getting cross with myself when I haven't allowed myself enough time to really get stuck in.  I am considering making myself an old fashioned 'school-like' timetable but I think about that for a while longer.

I have been working on a flash fiction peice of 100 words inspired by a song of my choice, it is a challenge set by

Tonight is the first Watford Writers meeting of 2012 and I am hoping I will be able to get there.  Carl is in Sussex and is not sure whether he will be back in time or not, fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment